Fairforest Elementary School is a public elementary school, which has been fully accredited by the Southeastern Association of Colleges and Schools since 1963. Fairforest Elementary serves children from K4 through fifth grade. Prior to 1950, all grades in Fairforest School were located in buildings on the site of the current Fairforest Middle School. In 1950, a school was built on North Blackstock Road. This building is currently being used as the Spartanburg School District Six Child Development Center. In 2008 – 2009, a new Fairforest Elementary School opened its doors to its new facility, located at 1005 Mt. Zion Road.
Fairforest Elementary School is proud to serve a culturally diverse student body in a new state of the art facility.
The diversity of the school shapes the instructional practices that occur within its walls. Many teachers utilize an integrated approach where science and social studies are just as important as math and reading. This method of teaching allows students to see the relationships between subjects allowing them to understand complex relationships at deeper levels.
As students move through Fairforest Elementary School, they will interact with content through many wonderful hands on opportunities, computer assisted instruction, and individualized attention provided by a caring and dedicated faculty.